Monday, November 7, 2011

Catholic hierarchy are idiots

Look. Some of my best friends are Catholics. I went to Catholic high school (I wasn't raised Catholic). But this is pure and utter idiocy.

Really. They're arguing that unless gay people continue to be oppressed; they'll be oppressed. Really? Unless you can oppress others you're oppressed? That's stupid. I know for a fact that the Catholic church doesn't like to marry a Catholic to a non-Catholic (witness my very good friends. He was divorced; she wasn't; they had to have a civil marriage). So ... taken to the extreme, the Catholic hierarchy should be arguing that only the marriage between two non-divorced Catholics should count. Lots of religious groups don't marry various folks - divorced, inter-faith, etc. Gays aren't any different.

Arguing that you have to be allowed to oppress others is as non-Christian a thing as I can think of. Wait. Molesting little girls and boys, too. But the Catholic church mostly just pretends that doesn't happen.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=12244

No comments:

Post a Comment