Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Missing the point. Lowe's and All American Muslim

I think the folks screaming about the free speech rights of Lowe's are missing the point. Who cares where they spend their advertising dollars. In most ways I don't. But. And I mean this. Without - apparently - looking into the one person (paid anyway) shop in Florida calling for an advertiser boycott, they caved. They listened to hate without thinking about it and then defended it by saying folks have strong opinions. Really? I'm not sure I buy that. Would they have listened to a call for a boycott of a Christian show? Or a show that featured (non Muslim of course) blacks or African Americans? Or just despised minorities like Muslims and lgbt people? Do your research before buying into hate. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment