Thursday, March 8, 2012

Barnes & Noble -- idiocy run amok

Well alrighty. This is my third blog posting on Barnes & Noble and my trials and travails surrounding my ill-considered purchase of a membership card 10 months ago.

On Tuesday morning, following months of conversations with my local Barnes & Noble customer, a conversation with their customer service center a week after I got the card, two conversations at the top of my lungs when after 10 months the only e-mail I ever received was regarding the fact that they'd be automatically renewing my membership, a "tweet" to their customer service Twitter account and an e-mail, I received a notification from Barnes & Noble Member Services that they'd cancel my membership account and refund my money.

As of this morning I've received three e-mails from Barnes & Noble telling me about cool deals, specials and dollars off.

I tried to get e-mails like that for 10 months.

And now, after cancelling my membership I'm getting them. And guess what Barnes & Noble. THEY'RE NOT GOING TO MY JUNK MAIL. I told you for 10 months I watch my junk mail. they're not going there. They're coming right to my inbox.

Idiocy.

Run.

Amok.

(delete, delete, delete). Without an apology, I'm never setting foot in that store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment