Thursday, March 15, 2012

Barnes & Noble is just plain stupid

I tried for 10 months to get e-mails and offers from Barnes & Nobles. Offers that were promised to me when I broke down after YEARS of making purchases there and bought a membership card. When I bought it I was promised $50 in welcome coupons and regular offers on deals at their online store, brick and mortart stores, etc. Offers on Nook books. Every month for 10 months - sometimes multiple times a month I talked to someone at a Barnes & Noble store. I told them I wasn't getting any offers and hadn't seen my $50 in welcome coupons.

Every fucking month.

Every fucking month whoever I talked to asked me if I was checking my junk mail.

Every fucking month whoever I talked to had me reveriffy my street address and e-mail address.

The first damned e-mail I received was a notification that my membership would auto-renew soon.

And you know what? It didn't go to my fucking junk mail.

I called them to cancel my card and demand my money back.

The first person told me I'd get my money back.

The supervisor said it had been too long and that I could only get my money back in the first month if I hadn't used the card.

Fuck you Barnes & Noble. Every month for 10 months - multiple times a month - I talked to someone. On almost every ocassion I made a purchase.

Fuck you.

It took a tweet and an e-mail to some fucking customer support group to get a promise that I'd get my money back (haven't seen it yet) and notification that my membership was cancelled immediately (which is what I asked for when I called after I got the renewal notice).

AND NOW YOU'RE SENDING ME FUCKING E-MAILS.

They're not going to my junk mail.

They're not being stopped by my spam filter.

AFTER you pissed me off so much I never want to go to your store again.

AFTER I've spent thousands of dollars at your stores over the last umpteen years.

AFTER all the bullshit you put me through for 10 months.

AFTER - in my opinion - you FUCKING STOLE $50 from me.

NOW you're sending me e-mails.

I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN YOUR STORE AGAIN.

YOU ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS.

HOW DARE YOU THINK YOU CAN TREAT A CUSTOMER LIKE THIS AND STILL TAKE THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.

Stop sending me your fucking e-mails.

No comments:

Post a Comment