Friday, May 27, 2011

Republicans, Medicare and 2012

I used to be a Republican. I was a junior delegate to the 1984 Republican National Convention in Dallas.
I didn't leave the party; it left me.

I just don't understand why we can fund wars and provid oil companies that are making record profit with tax breaks and let American corporations ship American jobs overseas and did I mention funding wars?

But when it comes to taking care of those who've given their lives to this country, the GOP wants the private sector, which is out for profit, to take over Medicare. They want the government to not only pay less and less, but folks to pay more and more.

Oh yeah, they want the rich to have tax cuts.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-05-25/medicare-could-cost-the-gop-in-2012-election/?cid=hp:beastoriginalsC4

No comments:

Post a Comment