Saturday, June 4, 2011

Amerikkka. it's like living in the 1820's all over again.

Really? Someone being Mormon is a negative when running for president? I wasn't born until after Kennedy was assassinated, but people have told me (and my history lessons agree) that Kennedy being Catholic was a big deal in the 1960's.


Not that I like Huntsman or Romney, but really? I live in a backward freakin' country. Yes, I get that a politician's faith guides him/her just as mine does me - and just as a lack of faith guides folks who don't believe, or a faith in the tennents of Buddha or the ideals (sorry, I really don't know the right term) of the Hindu belief (I don't think that't the right term. I apologize, I really do) system guide hindus, or Wiccan beliefs guide Wiccans or whatever. But if we still live in a world where "only people like me" can get elected or have a viable or valuable belief system we are idiots.

I'm way more interested in a candidate's thoughts on funding wars or medicare or roads or the postal system even.

No comments:

Post a Comment