Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Iowa bigots on full display

Great. Just great. Iowa Christian bigots (and, no, not all Christians are bigots, but in these parts all bigots sure as heck seem to be Christians)

“I don’t want this to be the homosexual capital of the Midwest,” Scheffler said. “We Iowans want this state to be a good, safe environment for our kids. You ask the average person in the street whether they support gay marriage, and they’ll say no.”

Repulsive and disgusting. I want neighborhoods safe for kids too. Parents who work to stay together. Fathers who don't beat their kids, states that help feed kids whose parents have fallen on hard times, a decent education. All those things impact kids. My neighbors are not impacted one iota by my having access to the same CIVIL RIGHTS that you have. My neighbors are not impacted by my spouse being at my bedside in illness or collecting social security that I've EARNED just as much as my heterosexual neighbor when I'm dead.

Civil Unions don't work you fuckers because states and the federal government don't treat civil unions the same as marriage. Fucking bigots. Either get government out of marriage - and that means all the fucking tax benefits, or don't exclude non-believers from it.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/iowa-christians-eye-repeal-of-gay-marriage-law/

No comments:

Post a Comment