Monday, June 13, 2011

How many recessions does it take to convince politicians free markets aren't always the answer?

I came of age during a recession. Had another one in 2000 and now this one. My retirement savings isn't doing nearly as well as it needs to and based on all the studies I've read I have a lot more put aside than most folks my age. Gen X has really been screwed re: retirement. Few of us have pensions. And most of us have spent years spinning our retirement wheels as we watch our savings continue to fall.

Kind of makes me wish certain politicians would give up on privatizing Social Security and Medicare and whatever else they can think of.

Interesting article on a lost financial decade:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-to-avoid-a-lost-decade/2011/06/12/AGjnG8RH_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment