Monday, June 27, 2011

Violent video games, kids and the Supreme Court

I don't know. I don't play really violent video games (I hardly think Mario stomping on a bad guy counts) but when I do, I often think about "smashing" something that's bothering me. Turns out I'm probably not the only one.

So, does playing violent video games make people violent or give them a release from their anger and stress?'

I remember when I was a kid parents and other adults being concerned about hard rock music. I still listen to it (and classical and the blues and alternative and so on). I have to be in the right mood for hard rock (and classical and so on) but I feel no more inclined to beat on something after listening to hard rock than classical. It's a release. Maybe violent video games are, too.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/06/violent-videogames-minors/

No comments:

Post a Comment